网页浏览总次数

2022年8月3日星期三

Who Made Peace Between My Father And Me--Jesus Christ

 In that year, I had to live in the house of a zealous believer who lived down the street and ran a business selling mutton because of a disagreement with my father. In those days, I spent my days shuttling between skinned mutton racks and helping their families sell mutton. They lived a good life and short of nothing,they also took good care of me, but I felt that I was like a stranger and dependent on them; The streets were bustling , but my heart was full of sorrow and loneliness. 


The reason I ran away from home because of my relationship with my father was not so much because of my faith in the Lord, but because of my immaturity in life, my anger, ignorance, and pride. During those two years, I did not go out to work because I was attending theological school, and I had several dates, but I could not find a suitable girl friend. My father used to accuse and scold me for this. Because I was studying theology, my father could not help but blame the Lord . In his opinion, believing in the Lord only made people lazy and unmotivated. But at that time my heart was firmly attracted by the great love of the Lord.No matter what, I would seek God with perseverance. So my dad and I were deadlocked between this extreme tension.  


One day, my father, mother and I were having dinner in the courtyard.

 My father said, "Jiwei is back. This year they have made a lot of money. It's estimated to be around 100,000." 

My father often compared me with other people of the same age in the village to show my failing and incompetence. Between the words, I could hear my father with his accent: Poverty is because of the Lord.

My father went on to say: "The political commissar opened a waste station in the northeast. He only went there for only one year this year, and he earned 100,000 to 200,000 yuan." I remained silent.

"Look at what those people do, are you have no ambition at all?"

"I am me, don't compare me to others." I said defiantly.

"Then every day you just eat and drink at home for nothing, right?" My father pursued me relentlessly. "If you can, don't be in this house, go anywhere you want."


The merciless attack and persecution of my father also aroused anger in my heart. "Why are you?" I threw out a sentence boldly . My father was not at home for a long time because of the crime, and it was my mother who worked hard to raise me, so I was a little bit resentful towards him, even though because of this, a battle between my grumpy father and me was inevitable...... 


Now that I have broken with my father, I am not afraid. I have the idea of becoming a preacher,

anywhere could be home, but since then there was a father who had lost his son forever, and a child who had lost his father forever. But this was not a good thing, and the name of the Lord could not be glorified because of it.


Then I went to the house of the zealous believer who lived down the street mentioned above. Unexpectedly, a week later, I went back to the home that I thought was impossible, and for me, I didn't want to go back, because I thought it was a humiliation at the time, but I didn't really realize my hardened heart and ignorance. But after the sincere persuasion of the elders and brothers in the church, I finally agreed to go back. When I went back, I didn't go back alone, but several elders and brothers in the Lord came back with me.


On that day, one of the brothers of the church elders and my father had a lot of communications. They talked about Christianity leading the civilization of the western countries, and talked about my filial heart because of my faith in the Lord, which made my father's eyes light up, and they also urged him to believe in the Lord, so that the whole family could be blessed. " Even so, in the end, the barrier between me and my father was torn down.


I thank the Lord Christ that it was His blood-sacrificing love on the cross that made peace between my father and me.


没有评论: