网页浏览总次数

2013年4月3日星期三

What is the difference between SIN, TRANSGRESSION & INIQUITY?



Most do not know their Biblical meanings:
1. SIN: Disobedience of God’s commands, but without willful intent. Examples: losing your temper in a family
discussion; watching TV, but suddenly getting caught up watching a sexual scene with a beautiful woman; getting caught up in gossip about someone at the hairdresser’s; unintentional speeding while hurrying to the mall, etc.
2. TRANSGRESSION: Willful disobedience of God’s commands. This is self-explanatory, since YOU and I have both done this many times.
3. INIQUITY: A spiritual stronghold within our being that causes a strong tendency to commit certain sins &
transgressions. It results either from inheritance from our parents and ancestors before us OR through committing repeated willful transgression of any kind OR from committing any transgressions that under God’s OT Law deserve the penalty of death or being cut off from the community of believers.
Satan& demons tempt us from without to sin or transgress. If we obey those temptations and willfully transgress, the eventual result will be INIQUITY, where the demon has a stronghold WITHIN us to continue and increase his temptations. INIQUITY is a CURSE, resulting from disobedience either in ourselves or others, especially our forefathers. INIQUITY is in reality a DEMON, who has gained a spiritual stronghold within the person cursed with the iniquity. INIQUITY is a result of walking ‘after the flesh’, which is the ‘old man’. RIGHTEOUSNESS and HOLINESS are the opposite of INIQUITY, and are the result of walking after the Spirit, which is the ‘new man’.
1. GEN 4:7 “If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, SIN (chatta’ah) lies at the
door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.” 13 And Cain said to the Lord, “My
PUNISHMENT (avon) is greater than I can bear!
2. GEN 19:15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise, take thy wife, and thy
two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the INIQUITY (avon) of the city. (KJV)
3. EXO 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the
earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God,
visiting the INIQUITY (avon) of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those
who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
4. EXO 34:6 And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, MERCIFUL AND
GRACIOUS, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, 7 “keeping mercy for thousands,
forgiving INIQUITY (avon) and TRANSGRESSION and SIN, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting
the INIQUITY (avon) of the fathers upon the children and the children’s children to the third and the
fourth generation.” 8 So Moses made haste and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped. 9 Then he
said, “If now I have found grace in Your sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray, go among us, even though we
are a stiff-necked people; and pardon our INIQUITY (avon) and our SIN, and take us as Your
inheritance.” (NKJ)
5. LEV 5:17 If a person SINS, & commits any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the
commandments of the Lord, THOUGH HE DOES NOT KNOW IT, yet he is guilty and shall bear his
INIQUITY (avon).
6. LEV 16:21 “Aaron shall lay both his hands on the head of the live goat, confess over it all the INIQUITY
(avon) of the children of Israel, and all their TRANSGRESSIONS (pesha), concerning all their SINS
(chatta’ah) , putting them on the head of the goat, and shall send it away into the wilderness by the hand of
a suitable man. 22 “The goat shall bear on itself all their INIQUITY (avon) to an uninhabited land; and he
shall release the goat in the wilderness. (NKJ)
7. See all of LEV 18 through 20
8. LEV 18:29 ‘For whoever commits any of these abominations, the persons who commit them shall be
CUT OFF from among their people.
9. LEV 20:19 And thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother’s sister, nor of thy father’s sister: for
he uncovereth his near kin: they shall bear their INIQUITY (avon). (KJV)
10. LEV 26:38 You shall perish among the nations, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. 39 And those
of you who are left shall waste away in their INIQUITY (avon) in your enemies’ lands; also in their
fathers’ INIQUITY (avon), which are with them, they shall waste away. 40 ‘But if they CONFESS
THEIR INIQUITY (avon) and the INIQUITY (avon) of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which
they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me, 41 and that I also have walked
contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if their uncircumcised hearts are
humbled, and they accept their GUILT (avon)—42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and
My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember; I will remember the land.
18-B Sin, Transgression & Iniquity School of the Local Church Stephen J. Vancura 2
11. NUM 14:18 ‘The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but
He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the INIQUITY (avon) of the fathers on the children to the third
and fourth generation.’19 “Pardon the INIQUITY (avon) of this people, I pray, according to the greatness
of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.” (NKJ)
12. NUM 14:32 ‘But as for you, your carcasses shall fall in this wilderness. 33 ‘And your sons shall be shepherds in
the wilderness forty years, and bear the brunt of your infidelity, until your carcasses are consumed in the
wilderness. 34 ‘According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, for each
day you shall bear your GUILT (avon) one year, namely forty years, and you shall know My rejection.
13. NUM 15:30 ‘But the person who does anything presumptuously, whether he is native-born or a stranger, that
one brings reproach on the Lord, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 ‘Because he has despised
the word of the Lord, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his
GUILT (avon) shall be upon him.’ ” 32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a
man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to
Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been
explained what should be done to him. 35 Then THE LORD said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to
death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.”
14. NUM 18:1 Then the Lord said to Aaron: “You and your sons and your father’s house with you shall bear
the INIQUITY (avon) related to the sanctuary, and you and your sons with you shall bear the INIQUITY
(avon) associated with your priesthood. 23 “But the Levites shall perform the work of the tabernacle of
meeting, and they shall bear their INIQUITY (avon); it shall be a statute forever, throughout your
generations, that among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance. (NKJ)
15. DEU 5:6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 7
‘You shall have no other gods before Me. 8 ‘You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness
of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
9 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting
the INIQUITY (avon) of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who
hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
16. JOS 22:20 ‘Did not Achan the son of Zerah commit a trespass in the accursed thing, and wrath fell on all the
congregation of Israel? And that man did not perish alone in his INIQUITY (avon).’ ”
17. JOS 24:19 But Joshua said to the people, “You cannot serve the Lord, for He is a holy God. He is a
jealous God; He will not forgive your TRANSGRESSIONS nor your SINS. 20 “If you forsake the Lord and
serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good.” (NKJ)
18. 1SA 3:13 “For I have told him that I will judge his house forever for the INIQUITY (avon) which he
knows, because his sons made themselves vile, and he did not restrain them. 14 “And therefore I have
sworn to the house of Eli that the iniquity of Eli’s house shall not be atoned for by sacrifice or offering forever.”
19. 2SA 24:10 And David’s heart condemned him after he had numbered the people. So David said to the Lord,
“I have sinned greatly in what I have done; but now, I pray, O Lord, take away the INIQUITY (avon) of
Your servant, for I have done very foolishly.” (NKJ)
20. NEH 9:2 Then those of Israelite lineage separated themselves from all foreigners; and they stood and
CONFESSED their sins and the iniquities of their fathers. (NKJ)
21. JOB 7:21 Why then do You not pardon my TRANSGRESSION, And take away my INIQUITY (avon)?
For now I will lie down in the dust, And You will seek me diligently, But I will no longer be.” (NKJ)
22. JOB 10:14 If I SIN (chata’), then You mark me, And will not acquit me of my INIQUITY (avon). 15 If I
am wicked, woe to me; Even if I am righteous, I cannot lift up my head. I am full of disgrace; See my misery!
23. JOB 13:23 How many are my INIQUITY (avon) and SINS? Make me know my TRANSGRESSION
and my SIN. 24 Why do You hide Your face, And regard me as Your enemy? (NKJ)
24. JOB 14:16 For now You number my steps, But do not watch over my SIN. 17 My TRANSGRESSION is
sealed up in a bag, And You cover my INIQUITY (avon). (NKJ)
25. JOB 15:5 For your INIQUITY (avon) teaches your mouth, And you choose the tongue of the crafty. 6
Your own mouth condemns you, and not I; Yes, your own lips testify against you. (NKJ)
26. JOB 19:29 Be afraid of the sword for yourselves; For wrath brings the PUNISHMENT (avon) of the sword,
That you may know there is a judgment.” (NKJ)
27. PSA 25:11 For Your name’s sake, O Lord, Pardon my INIQUITY (avon), for it is great. (NKJ)
28. PSA 31:9 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am in trouble; My eye wastes away with grief, Yes, my soul and
my body! 10 For my life is spent with grief, And my years with sighing; My strength fails because of my
INIQUITY (avon), And my bones waste away. (NKJ)
18-B Sin, Transgression & Iniquity School of the Local Church Stephen J. Vancura 3
29. PSA 32:1 Blessed is he whose TRANSGRESSION is forgiven, Whose SIN is covered. 2 Blessed is the
man to whom the Lord does not impute INIQUITY (avon), And in whose spirit there is no deceit. 3 When
I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. 4 For day and night Your hand was
heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah 5 I acknowledged my SIN to You,
And my INIQUITY (avon) I have not hidden. I said, “I will confess my TRANSGRESSIONS to the
Lord,” And You forgave the INIQUITY (avon) of my SIN. Selah 6 For this cause everyone who is godly
shall pray to You In a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters They shall not come near
him. (NKJ)
30. PSA 38:1 O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your wrath, Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure! 2 For Your arrows
pierce me deeply, And Your hand presses me down. 3 There is no soundness in my flesh Because of Your
anger, Nor any health in my bones Because of my SIN. 4 For my INIQUITIES have gone over my head;
Like a heavy burden they are too heavy for me. 5 My wounds are foul and festering Because of my
foolishness. 18 For I will declare my INIQUITY; I will be in anguish over my SIN. (NKJ)
31. PSA 51:1 A Psalm of David when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have
mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my TRANSGRESSIONS. 2 Wash me thoroughly from my INIQUITY (avon), And cleanse me
from my SIN. 3 For I acknowledge my TRANSGRESSIONS, And my SIN is always before me. 4 Against
You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight—That You may be found just when You
speak, And blameless when You judge. 5 Behold, I was brought forth in INIQUITY (avon), And in SIN my
mother conceived me. 9 Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my INIQUITIES (avon). 10 Create in
me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. (NKJ)
32. PSA 65:3 INIQUITIES (avon) prevail against me; As for our TRANSGRESSIONS, You will provide
atonement for them. 4 Blessed is the man You choose, And cause to approach You, That he may dwell in Your
courts. We shall be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Of Your holy temple. (NKJ)
33. PSA 85:1 Lord, You have been favorable to Your land; You have brought back the captivity of Jacob. 2 You
have forgiven the INIQUITY (avon) of Your people; You have covered all their SIN. Selah (NKJ)
34. PSA 89:27 Also I will make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy I will keep
for him forever, And My covenant shall stand firm with him. 29 His seed also I will make to endure forever,
And his throne as the days of heaven. 30 “If his sons forsake My law And do not walk in My judgments, 31
If they break My statutes And do not keep My commandments, 32 Then I will punish their
TRANSGRESSION with the rod, And their INIQUITY (avon) with stripes. 33 Nevertheless My
lovingkindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant I will not
break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips. 35 Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to
David: 36 His seed shall endure forever, And his throne as the sun before Me; 37 It shall be established forever
like the moon, Even like the faithful witness in the sky.” Selah (NKJ)
35. PSA 90:7 For we have been consumed by Your anger, And by Your wrath we are terrified. 8 You have set our
INIQUITIES (avon) before You, Our secret SINS in the light of Your countenance. (NKJ)
36. PSA 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless the Lord, O my
soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your INIQUITIES (avon), Who heals all your
diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 6 The Lord
executes righteousness And justice for all who are oppressed. 7 He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to
the children of Israel. 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. 9 He
will not always strive with us, Nor will He keep His anger forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according
to our SINS, Nor punished us according to our INIQUITIES (avon). 11 For as the heavens are high above
the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has
He removed our TRANSGRESSIONS from us. 13 As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those
who fear Him. (NKJ)
37. PSA 107:13 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, And broke their chains in pieces. 15 Oh,
that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
16 For He has broken the gates of bronze, And cut the bars of iron in two. 17 Fools, because of their
TRANSGRESSION, And because of their INIQUITIES (avon), were afflicted. 19 Then they cried out to
the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. 20 He sent His word and healed them, And
delivered them from their destructions. (NKJ)
38. PSA 130:3 If You, Lord, should mark INIQUITIES (avon), O Lord, who could stand? 4 But there is
forgiveness with You, That You may be feared. 8 And He shall redeem Israel From all his iniquities. (NKJ)
18-B Sin, Transgression & Iniquity School of the Local Church Stephen J. Vancura 4
39. PRO 5:22 His own INIQUITIES avon) entrap the wicked man, And he is caught in the cords of his sin.
23 He shall die for lack of instruction, And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray. (NKJ)
40. PRO 16:6 In MERCY and TRUTH Atonement is provided for INIQUITY (avon); And by the fear of the
Lord one departs from evil. (NKJ)
41. ISA 6:5 So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the
midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.” 6 Then one of the
seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar.7
And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; Your INIQUITY (avon)
is taken away, And your SIN purged.” 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And
who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” (NKJ)
42. ISA 43:24 You have bought Me no sweet cane with money, Nor have you satisfied Me with the fat of your
sacrifices; But you have burdened Me with your SINS, You have wearied Me with your INIQUITIES
(avon). 25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your TRANSGRESSIONS for My own sake; And I will not
remember your SINS. 26 Put Me in remembrance; Let us contend together; State your case, that you
may be acquitted.
43. ISA 53:4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by
God, and afflicted. 5 But He was wounded for our TRANSGRESSIONS, He was bruised for our
INIQUITIES (avon); The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. 6 All
we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on
Him the INIQUITY (avon) of us all. (NKJ)
44. ISA 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it
cannot hear. 2 But your INIQUITIES (avon) have separated you from your God; And your SINS have
hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear. (NKJ)
45. ISA 59:12 For our TRANSGRESSIONS are multiplied before You, And our SINS testify against us; For
our TRANSGRESSIONS are with us, And as for our INIQUITIES (avon), we know them: (NKJ)
46. JER 3:12 “Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: ‘Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the
Lord; ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not remain
angry forever. 13 Only ACKNOWLEDGE your INIQUITY (avon), That you have transgressed against
the Lord your God, And have scattered your charms To alien deities under every green tree, And you have not
obeyed My voice,’ says the Lord. 14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the Lord; “for I am married to
you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 “And I will give you
shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding. (NKJ)
47. JER 11:10 “They have turned back to the INIQUITIES (avon) of their forefathers who refused to hear
My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have
broken My covenant which I made with their fathers.” 11 Therefore thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will
surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to Me, I will
not listen to them. (NKJ)
48. JER 14:20 We ACKNOWLEDGE, O Lord, our wickedness And the INIQUITY (avon) of our fathers,
For we have sinned against You. (NKJ)
49. JER 31:30 “But every one shall die for his own INIQUITY (avon); every man who eats the sour grapes, his
teeth shall be set on edge. 31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 “not according to the covenant that I made
with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My
covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 “But this is the covenant that I
will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and
write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 “No more shall every man
teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the
least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their INIQUITY (avon), and their SIN I
will remember no more.” (NKJ)
50. JER 32:18 ‘You show lovingkindness to thousands, and repay the INIQUITY (avon) of the fathers into the
bosom of their children after them—the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the Lord of hosts. (NKJ)
51. JER 33:7 ‘And I will cause the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel to return, and will rebuild those
places as at the first. 8 ‘I will cleanse them from all their INIQUITY (avon) by which they have sinned
against Me, and I will pardon all their INIQUITIES (avon) by which they have SINNED and by which
they have TRANSGRESSED against Me. (NKJ)
52. JER 36:3 “It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the adversities which I purpose to bring upon them,
that everyone may turn from his evil way, that I may forgive their INIQUITY (avon) and their SIN.” NKJ)
18-B Sin, Transgression & Iniquity School of the Local Church Stephen J. Vancura 5
53. JER 36:31 “I will punish him, his family, and his servants for their INIQUITY (avon); and I will bring on
them, on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and on the men of Judah all the doom that I have pronounced against
them; but they did not heed.” ’ ”
54. LAM 2:14 Your prophets have seen for you False and deceptive visions; They have not uncovered your
INIQUITY (avon), To bring back your captives, But have envisioned for you false prophecies and delusions.
55. LAM 5:7 Our fathers sinned and are no more, But WE BEAR THEIR INIQUITIES (avon). (NKJ)
56. EZE 18:4 “Behold, all souls are Mine; The soul of the FATHER As well as the soul of the SON is Mine;
The soul who sins shall die. (NKJ)
57. EZE 7:16 ‘Those who survive will escape and be on the mountains Like doves of the valleys, All of them
mourning, Each for his INIQUITY (avon).
58. EZE 18:14 “If, however, he begets a son Who sees all the sins which his father has done, And considers
but does not do likewise; 15 Who has not eaten on the mountains, Nor lifted his eyes to the idols of the house of
Israel, Nor defiled his neighbor’s wife; 16 Has not oppressed anyone, Nor withheld a pledge, Nor robbed by
violence, But has given his bread to the hungry And covered the naked with clothing; 17 Who has withdrawn his
hand from the poor And not received usury or increase, But has executed My judgments And walked in My
statutes—He shall not die for the INIQUITY (avon) of his father; He shall surely live! 20 “THE SOUL
WHO SINS SHALL DIE. The son shall not bear the GUILT (avon) of the father, nor the father bear the
guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked
shall be upon himself. (NKJ)
59. EZE 18:30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord
God. “Repent, and turn from all your TRANSGRESSIONS, so that INIQUITY (avon) will not be your
ruin. 31 “Cast away from you all the TRANSGRESSIONS which you have committed, and get
yourselves a new heart and a NEW SPIRIT. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 “For I have no
pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!” (NKJ)
60. EZE 21:24 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Because you have made your INIQUITY (avon) to be
remembered, in that your TRANSGRESSIONS are uncovered, so that in all your doings your SINS
appear—because you have come to remembrance, you shall be taken in hand. 25 ‘Now to you, O profane,
wicked prince of Israel, whose day has come, whose INIQUITY (avon) shall end, (NKJ)
61. EZE 28:18 “You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your INIQUITIES, By the INIQUITY
(avon) of your trading; Therefore I brought fire from your midst; It devoured you, And I turned you to ashes
upon the earth In the sight of all who saw you. (NKJ) (Speaking of Lucifer)
62. EZE 33:7 “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall
hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. 8 “When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall
surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his
INIQUITY (avon); but his blood I will require at your hand. (NKJ)
63. EZE 39:23 “The Gentiles shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their INIQUITY
(avon); because they were unfaithful to Me, therefore I hid My face from them. I gave them into the hand
of their enemies, and they all fell by the sword. (NKJ)
64. DAN 9:16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned
away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our SINS, and for the INIQUITIES
(avon) of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us. (NKJ)
65. DAN 9:24 “Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the
TRANSGRESSION, To make an end of SINS, To make reconciliation for INIQUITY (avon), To bring in
everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy. (NKJ)
66. NEH 9:2 Then those of Israelite lineage separated themselves from all foreigners; and they stood and
CONFESSED their SINS and the INIQUITIES (avon) of their fathers. (NKJ)
67. HOS 8:13 For the sacrifices of My offerings they sacrifice flesh and eat it, But the Lord does not accept them.
Now He will remember their INIQUITY (avon) and punish their SINS. They shall return to Egypt.
68. HOS 14:1 O Israel, return to the Lord your God, For you have stumbled because of your INIQUITY
(avon); 2 TAKE WORDS WITH YOU, AND RETURN TO THE LORD. SAY to Him, “Take away all
INIQUITY (avon); Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips. (NKJ)
69. AMO 3:2 “You only have I known of all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your
INIQUITIES (avon).” 3 Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? (NKJ)
70. MIC 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning INIQUITY (avon) And passing over the
TRANSGRESSION of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He
delights in mercy. 19 He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our INIQUITIES. You will
cast all our SINS Into the depths of the sea. (NKJ)
18-B Sin, Transgression & Iniquity School of the Local Church Stephen J. Vancura 6
71. ZEC 3:1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan
standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The
Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?” 3 Now Joshua was
clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel. 4 Then He answered and spoke to those
who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I
have removed your INIQUITY (avon) from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.” 5 And I said, “Let
them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him.
And the Angel of the Lord stood by. (NKJ)
New Testament Scriptures on Iniquity
72. MAT 7:22 MANY will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in
thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess
unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work INIQUITY (anomia). (KJV)
73. MAT 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all
things that offend, and them which do INIQUITY (anomia); 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire:
there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (KJV)
74. MAT 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which
indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye
also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and INIQUITY (anomia).
75. MAT 24:12 And because INIQUITY (anomia) shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (KJV)
76. ROM 6:18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I speak in human terms
because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness,
and of lawlessness (anomia) leading to more lawlessness (anomia), so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness. (NKJ)
77. COL 2:13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made
alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out THE HANDWRITING
OF REQUIREMENTS THAT WAS AGAINST US, WHICH WAS CONTRARY TO US. And He has
taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. (NKJ) (a good definition of ‘iniquity’)
78. 2TH 2:7 For the mystery of INIQUITY (anomia) doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until
he be taken out of the way. (KJV)
79. 2TI 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are
His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from INIQUITY (anomia).” (NKJ)
80. TIT 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying
ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking
for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave
himself for us, that he might redeem us from all INIQUITY (anomia), and purify unto himself a peculiar
people, zealous of good works. (KJV)
81. HEB 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the
Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and
they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother,
saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their
unrighteousness, and their SINS and their INIQUITIES (avon) will I remember no more. KJV
82. JAM 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when
desire (lust) has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. (NKJ)
83. JAM 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of INIQUITY (anomia). The tongue is so set among our members
that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. NKJ
84. 1JO 3:4Whosoever committeth SIN transgresseth also the law (nomia): for SIN is the TRANSGRESSION
of the law. (KJV)
The first PASSOVER (Pesach) is a type of the sacrifice of Christ necessary to bring us out of
Egyptian bondage, which is a type of bondage to SIN. However, simple SHEDDING of the blood
of that lamb did not finish the job – the blood had to be APPLIED by the individuals of each
household in THREE PLACES on the doorframe of each home – on each door post and then on
the lintel. I believe these THREE applications correspond to the application of the Blood of Christ
to cleanse each one of us for SIN, TRANSGRESSION & INIQUITY. The Blood is applied though
REPENTANCE both for ourselves, our families and our forefathers before us, and then
CONFESSING the Blood of Jesus to not only forgive Sin & Transgression, but also to CLEANSE
from all iniquity that would otherwise lead us back into those sins & transgressions.

没有评论: