网页浏览总次数

2022年10月29日星期六

In nearly two decades, the Lord has strengthened our family to host small-group meetings

Translated By Richard Zou

In my hometown, meetings are often held in small-group meeting places that are convenient for the elderly, the sick, and the disabled.  For small gatherings, we meet at my home. More than 20 years ago, my family became a host family. Initially, I didn't realize that my family was a host family and I was serving the Lord. As I knew it was only for my convenience, we gathered at my house.  

At that time, we were lacking both confidence and understanding. On Saturday nights, my husband usually goes to Xinzhuang, which is one or two miles away, and sometimes they meet at my home.  

Having no foundation in our faith, Satan often takes advantage of it-I don't know why my husband refuses to attend meetings, and others don't either. At the time, we didn't realize it was Satan's disturbance.  

With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we realized it was Satan and the devil who frightened and disturbed us. As a result of that disturbance, we hadn't met for more than three years. A young brother gave me a Bible as a gift, and I read it when I have the time. The Holy Spirit illuminated me and made me realize my sins and know the Lord who loved us to the end did not give up on us. 

In the winter of 1999, some people who were refining small pots of oil came to the empty place by our house yard to refine oil. There were two young workers working for them, and one of them was a believer named Guilin, and he came to our house when he had time to preach the gospel and ask me to believe in Jesus. I said I believed in Jesus before, but not in the last three years. I wanted to believe in Jesus, but I couldn't go to church ......  

He said, "Is it okay to have a meeting in your house?” I said, "Yes”. He said, "I'll ask them to meet at your house.". I said, "OK.". 

 Then my husband and I started to host the meetings and serve the Lord again and met in our house. We realized in the past ten years that we were serving the Lord and hosting meetings for the Lord. Being a host and serving the Lord is not easy, especially since the devil and the enemy often attack and disrupt the ministry of hosting and serving.  

For the first two or three years, there were rumors about us believing in "heresy" and people insulted us. I felt bad for this, so I began reading the Bible (I didn't like reading previously), and God enlightened me with these verses. 

Matthew 5:10-12  

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for, in the same way, they persecuted the prophets who were before you. 


My faith in God comforts and encourages me so much that I don't mind what others say, slander, or insult me. As a result, Satan used the members to slander me and create conflict at my house, saying that they were no longer welcome. A few members refused to attend meetings because of the rumors. Suddenly that Wednesday afternoon, the Lord sent his workers back to ask, "Where should we meet this afternoon?" They replied, "It's time to meet at LiuZhuang.". ...... This is why they attended our meeting. 

After some time, the Heresy Eastern Lightning also came to disturb us, at first we didn't know they were from Eastern Lightning, because they said they were believers ...... Many members were deceived by Satan, slandering us as traitors, and suggesting moving the meeting place to somewhere else, and when I held the meeting at my home, they didn't come.  I was surprised to see a servant of God appear at my house for a meeting on Wednesday night (meeting time), and they joined him. 

“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.” (Matthew 10:40-42) 

没有评论: